All members of the society of allied and independent funeral directors, as part of the code of practice agreed with the office of fair trading, provide a basic funeral to an agreed specification. This specification is as stated below and can not be adjusted or added to in any way:
- Provision of the funeral director’s services.
- Attending to all the necessary arrangements.
- Provision of the necessary staff.
- Provision of a coffin suitable for the purpose of burial or cremation.
- Transfer of the deceased from the place of death.
(Within 10 miles and in normal working hours)
- Care of the deceased prior to the funeral.
- Provision of a hearse to the nearest crematorium or cemetery.
- Burial may be specified instead of cremation where this is locally available.
This specification excludes the following services: Embalming, viewing of the deceased, provision of a limousine.
Funeral cost £1885 plus disbursements
Crematorium Fee £670
Doctors certificate £82
For Burial costs price on application